Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Trey turns 19 months old!!

Yesterday (8/18) was Trey's 19 month mark. I usually think of this off & on all day when he turns a new month, even though he is way past the 1 year mark now. But yesterday I was trying to take care of him while in the middle of a nasty stomach virus that kept me up the night before & left me weak as a kitten yesterday-yuck! I went to buy Gatorade mid-day at the Walgreen's (literally on our corner) and the cashier asked me how old he was. I said 18 months out of habit & then was jolted out of my stupor of exhaustion & said- actually he's 19 months today. My day suddenly seemed brighter despite my feeling so crummy. Little man is getting older quick! Well on his way to 2 years old which seems SO hard to believe.

Luckily Trey did not catch it from me but Ruben seems to have a milder version so he's on the couch tonight. I stayed on the couch last night under 2 blankets-chills in August! So I think it was definitely a virus & not something I ate. I hope Trey does not get it.

I felt so bad that Trey & I did nothing special yesterday. This evening we went in the backyard & ran around & Trey got "sprayed" w/ the waterhose which is his favorite water activity. It is finally not so hot outside before his early bedtime of 7pm so we went out. But after being sprayed a few times with no shirt on, he said "cold,cold" & held his arms up to his chest! This is the first time he's said cold when talking about himself. He has said "hot" for a couple of weeks now & in the last few days, he's said cold when talking about a drink. I promptly took him in & got him warm. But at least now I know he can tell me when he's cold or hot! His other new word is "mo, mo" for more. This is usually about food, espeically chocolate milk! He can down 9 oz. & still say "mo".

No comments: