Tuesday, August 5, 2008

18 month old Dr. visit

Trey & I went today for his 18 month well baby visit. Trey did so well when Dr. McCown was examining him! Even the Dr. said he was being good & looked perfect. Much better than his 15 month old exam when he screamed the whole time!

He weighed in at a whopping 26 1/2 pounds and was 33 1/2 inches long! I just knew he would be longer, like 35 or 36 inches but still he was 90% on the growth curve for height. He was 60% for weight & 90% for head circumference (no wonder some shirts don't want to fit over his head!) He only got 1 shot today which is a first. It was the 2nd part of the chickenpox vaccine. He didn't cry for very long this time. I was so proud of him!

We've been going every 3 months & now he doesn't have to go back until he's 2. Wow-2 sounds so old! Everything is measured in months now & when he turns 2 it will be in years. Who turned on warp speed after he was born?! The first 6 weeks seemed to last an eternity & now I keep looking for my "baby" & finding a growing little boy! I've heard people say that all my life but experiencing it yourself makes it so real. Boy do I sound old!

When we got home Trey was looking for "Da-Da" & found him soaking in the bathtub reading a book(Daddy's favorite pasttime). I went in the hall bath for a quick minute-during which Trey grabbed random items in the bathroom & threw them at his beloved Da-Da! Then when Ruben put his book down to stop him, Trey picked up his book & chunked it right into the tub!! It was not the start of a great evening to say the least! So it looks like Trey & I will be going shopping tomorrow to replace Da-Da's book. :))

No comments: