Friday, September 12, 2008

My Blonde Day...

I feel like I had a "I must be a blonde" day! (No offense to all you blondes out there!) I took Trey to Kindercare for the afternoon and planned on running a bunch of errands. Its like looking at a buffet-your eyes are bigger than your stomach & your to-do list is much longer than any amount of time you have. That's on any given day for me. But today was special in that I kept making stupid mistakes that cost me time & a parking ticket :(( I also got hustled by 2 guys on the street while attempting to dash into The Kirklin Clinic (one followed me to my car & tapped on my window while yelling "Ma'am" at me, I got in the car & the door locked just in the nick of time!) This was around 2pm so not in the evening at all. Trey was safely tucked away at daycare, thank goodness!

I told Ruben I was done making decisions for the day because of the way my day went. Then Trey managed to run across the couch & fall off bumping his head hard on the floor. All right at bedtime. So I am upstairs now blogging & then tiptoeing into the nursery to check on him. I hate it when he bumps his head(which has happened all too much) but especially at bedtime!

Trey & I are going to the grandparents in Florida this weekend to celebrate Grannie Phillips' (my mom) 65th birthday. We are staying several days next week to be there Tuesday on her birthday, so Ruben is not going with us. I wish he could go. Trey will be giving Grannie her photo frame that we made at Ceramic Creations. She will love it!

Trey's hi-jinks & accomplishments today...using his Da-da's electric toothbrush, chewing a tiny piece of bubblegum(he loves it!),putting his shorts on & getting it right(they were the stretchy knit kind), & following my instructions when I told him to close the doors on the entertainment center-that was more amazing than any of the above since he seemed to know what I was telling him to do & then actually did it!

Tomorrow we plan to take him to the Greek Festival downtown. He can't eat the baklava yet(nuts & honey, his last 2 off-limits things) but I'm sure we'll find something new for him to try. Maybe grape leaves!