Saturday, September 20, 2008

HFMD & other tidbits...

We found out today that Trey has Hand-Foot-Mouth Disease(HFMD)-sounds much worse than it is! Its a virus that causes blisters on those body parts & a rash on the legs.I saw the rash as I was getting him out of the care at daycare today.It explains why he hasn't been eating much lately & why he has been waking up so incredibly early-according to the Dr. His Dr. wasn't in today & he saw a Dr. I haven't met. I was at work so Ruben took him. Poor little guy! The worst part is they can get the blisters in their mouth/throat making it painful to eat or suck a bottle (yes, little man still gets his bedtime bottle of milk w/ rice cereal!) Trey's symptoms started at the beginning of the week so hopefully he will begin to feel better over the weekend.

Sampson had to be taken to the vet today for a large puncture wound on his head (near his left ear). He got major antibiotics. They said it was from fighting w/ another cat. Ruben got to make the rounds today between the vet & the pediatrician. We need to be able to get life insurance on that cat for all the $$ we've had to invest in him this year. Trey's copay was much less than Samps!


Cooler weather is seeping into the early mornings around here...fall is coming! Which means more trips to the park for Trey and fall hayrides/pumpkin patches! Can't wait. I'm debating on what he will be for Halloween.

I am determined to stay ahead of the holiday season/schedule this year. I guess I'm doing my New Year's Resolution early. I learned my lesson last year! No dozen out of town trips, no waiitng to the last minute w/ a little one, no handwriting of Christmas cards! Life on a planned schedule seems so boring but its very efficient. If I can pull this off, I may finally be on the correct path to being a better, more sane mom-but no wonder most moms seem so controlling & stodgy!

In happier news, Trey turned a whopping 20 months old yesterday(Sept. 18)! So hard to believe. Mainly because that's only 4 months away from 2 years old! It sounds so different to say "my baby" vs. "my 2 yr old".