Monday, February 2, 2009

Our weekend visit

One of our oldest & dearest friends visited us from home this weekend. Shannon helped set Ruben & I up on a blind date...and the rest as they say is history! She came & stayed with us when Trey was about 6 weeks old & was a tremendous help/comfort. I will probably remember more from this visit since I wasn't sleep deprived! Although I do have a nasty stomach bug that did keep me up some both nights & of course, Trey caught it. But his seems much milder than mine (fingers crossed on that one) & I'm still not over it.

We watched James Bond movies, talked, went to Whole Foods, & watched Trey develop a big crush on "Shanna". He almost immediately began trying to say her name & got pretty close. He wanted her in the room he was in & kept waving to her & saying "Hi Shanna!". Saying good-bye was hard for all of us, but probably Trey the most-he gets attached quick!

Today he asked for Shanna several times & then realized it sounded a lot like Nana so he said them all in a row: Shanna, Nana, Papa. So we called the grandparents & he delighted them by screaming their names! Quite the little ham.

Other new words: "good taste" for some applesauce he tried from Whole Foods (we found single serving, squeeze container applesauce for on the go-who knew?!), Mama's clothes, Dada's clothes, orange, Mama's orange (he noticed when I changed clothes & also points to clothes in the laundry or hanging & identifies them).

He also put on his pants today by himself except for pulling them up in the back over his butt-he can't figure that one out yet. But I was surprised at him putting them on without any coaxing while I was looking for socks. Mama was very pleased!

No comments: