Thursday, January 29, 2009

Trey's name

I'm so excited! I just asked Trey "what is your name?" & he immediately said "Trey"!! I have been asking him this question for a couple of days this week & telling him "your name is Trey". Usually he will just say "name". This was the first time I asked him today so I was really surprised when he said Trey. Of course, I immediately repeated my question to see if it was a fluke but he gave me the same answer.

He also said his teacher's name, Miss Anna, a few days ago. When we turned onto 261 to go through Old Town he starting saying "Anna" several times. He tried the day before to say it & it sounded like he was speaking w/ an accent b/c he was sounding it out. I have been asking him "where are we going? We're going to daycare or school & Mommy is going to work" then I ask him "what do you do when you get to school?" He answers, begrudgingly, "night-night" b/c it is nap time when he gets there. So he knows, but still doesn't always do it!

Other new words of late...mess-as in look at the mess I've created! but says it w/ a Southern accent I guess as "mace" almost, school, hurts (as he is constantly doing something that causes him to hurt himself), "mote trol" for the remote control, & still his favorite "big truck". He also says "choo-choo, train" everyday when we go over the 1st set of tracks in Helena, then "water" for the dam at Buck Creek, then "choo-choo,train" again for the 2nd set of tracks. He also identifies things by sound, saying "dog" when he heard our neighbor's dog barking & just now "big truck" when a loud truck went by. Constantly amazed by his understanding & learning!

No comments: