Saturday, December 20, 2008

My Christmas present from Trey...

I got my Christmas present from my little guy early this year. Last weekend he finally started giving us kisses!! I am so excited. I kiss him lots on the cheeks & hands & blow him kisses when I am leaving to go to work. He started hugging a few months ago but never would kiss.

Now he is holding up his hands for us to kiss & then will kiss the top of my hand. He has also kissed my cheek a couple of times which was especially sweet. I can't describe the joy I feel when he hugs & kisses me. Its one of the best feelings in the world. He also has started sqeezing us when he hugs us. I want to stop time & enjoy him at this age longer. He is so close to being 2 & acts so grown up sometimes. Not to mention that he is sooo tall!

Today he napped for 3 hours! He is fighting off a cold & didn't nap much this week at daycare so I tried to make sure he got a good nap to catch up. Plus we were going to Zoolight Safari tonight so it worked out well b/c he was up very late for him. Lots of "ights" to see as Trey calls them. Photos to soon follow....it was beautiful & the weather was good for it. He still does NOT like Santa though.

Trey will one day be a grown man & I often wonder what he will do, where he will live, if he'll have children & how many, & how often I will see him when he's all grown up. I can't really imagine it b/c he still has so much growing to do. I want him to enjoy his childhood & have wonderful memories to carry him through life. Christmastime is a very special time & will be one of those memories...

I'm so glad to have Trey for all my Christmases now! Kisses & all!!

No comments: