Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Trey's black eye

Trey zoomed off the couch & hit the coffee table tonight like he's done too many times before w/ us both sitting on the couch. Unfortunately, tonight he tagged his left eye just below the eye on the outer corner. He promptly developed a goose egg the size of a marble & it started turning black & blue a few minutes later. It looks so bad & painful! I was so upset b/c at first I thougtht it was his head, then I saw the bump sticking out so far, & he was screaming. But then I got really upset b/c I realized his Christmas photos are the day after tomorrow! He has an oh-so-cute outfit picked out & now we can capture his 1st major bruise at the same time-that's just lovely! We may have to bump that photo a few days or he may have to wear some make-up, a little concealer, a little foundation never hurt a baby boy :))

I just breached the silence of his nursery to check on him (as I often do after a head injury just to satisy my urge to check) & also to check out the developing rock of gibraltar on his face! I told Ruben it will be a great photo to send all the family & folks who don't see him much. Ruben laughed & I told him to expect a visit from Children's Services.

Trey was so tired from 3 days of playing with the grandparents,staying up late, & missing naps that he still went to sleep soon after his dive. But not before he ran into a wall & bumped his forehead! Craziness at the Vuittonet household tonight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it works! Test comment to see if folks can leave a comment.

Jenn said...

You MUST post a picture soon! As far as the black eye in the Christmas picture...it will always be something you can look back on and tell the story over and over! It's OK, it happens to us all!