Friday, April 17, 2009

Okay, Ok, OK!!, OK?...

Ok-such a simple expression-that Trey has suddenly picked up on & says constantly! He says this now instead of his "awright" for allright. Now OK is said in 5 different ways & shortened sometimes to just Kay. It is hilarious to hear him say this! He sometimes draws it out & makes it about 3 syllables long sounding kinda like Forrest Gump. We've never gotten him to say "yes" but "no" flows like a river, of course. So now we have a yes in the form of OK!

And so, ok, I haven't kept up with posting lately-can I blame it on spring fever?! We've been to parks, a Strawberry festival, & to Florida since my last post. And Trey & Ruben are going "camping" this weekend in a hotel (now that's my kind of camping!) with our friends from Pensacola. They're going somewhere just above B'ham but the campgrouds don't have cabins & we're pretty sure Trey would escape from our little tent! We've been busy w/ all that plus adjusting to the brace & I've been sleeping instead of posting! Ah, ZZZZ are the best...certainly makes handling a energetic 2 year old easier!

Overall, Trey is doing well with his brace. He has worn it at night for over 2 weeks & amazed us by sleeping through the night still even the 1st few nights he wore it. That boy will not let anything come b/t him & his sleep! He will sometimes take it off in the morning before I go in to get him out of the crib. We call it his "fish suit" b/c the pattern on it is shades of blue fish. He will try to put it on by himself already! He breaks my heart though by telling me "hurts" almost each time we put it on him. He is wearing it the full 18 hours a day now so he doesn't get much of a break from it. The real pain for us is that each time we change his diaper it has to be taken off(potty training must come soon!). And putting it on is tricky-for me anyway-kinda like swaddling a wiggly newborn, the guys always seem better at it.

Trey seems to be growing taller after each of my work weekends when I don't see him as much. And he is talking so much more! He likes to say handsome & nice as in "Trey handsome" "Papa handsome", "Mama nice". Then he asks me "Mama help" when he is trying to do something. Yesterday he told me "Mama care" meaning carry for me. He also immediately repeats things we say even when he doesn't know what it means. His little voice is so sweet & cute!! Of course, I'm biased.

Trey had a great Easter & was spoiled rotten by the grandparents! Nana (my mother)had such a good time putting together Easter baskets for Trey (yes, baskets as in multiple ones!) & they dyed eggs together. Ruben & Nana played Easter bunny & hid the eggs. Trey had fun finding them. It was Trey's first time to dye & hunt eggs. He was so excited when he found an egg that he threw them in the basket hard enough that we could hear them cracking! He used my Easter basket from childhood since my search for the perfect basket for him proved fruitless(Pottery Barn for kids have the cutest liners/baskets & should NOT have run out days after I got their catalog!) I went to the store on Good Friday expecting them to be sold out too & they were but the sales lady had to rub salt in the wound by saying "that lady walking out just bought the last one". AAAGGGHHH-so close! But it was fine. We had a great time watching Trey & the basket didn't really matter as long as he could hunt the eggs.

We're trying to plan a weekend to the beach so Trey can play in the water & sand. He loves the water so much! And Ruben & I are planning a big trip for our 10th anniversary in July so Trey will get to stay at the grandparents for several days (I can't stand to think about it too much b/c I will miss him so much!) Nana & Papa can't wait & have all kind of plans for Trey.

Other big news that was a shocker last night-it sounds like Trey has a baby cousin on the way! Ruben's younger brother is expecting a baby with his girlfriend. Since I am an only child & we didn't expect Ruben's brothers to have any children, we thought Trey would not have cousins (just hopefully a baby brother or sister). So this was a huge surprise.

No comments: